The purpose is to add integration between Murano and Mistral. We would like to allow invocation of a Mistral workflow from Murano. No prerequisite for uploaded Mistral workflow.
A new capability in Murano modeling process should be added in order to answer several use cases, including:
The application modeler wishes to leverage existing workflow that deploys a specific component as part of a new application model creation process.
The application modeler wishes to add post-deployment logic to an application model.
- Check that the application has been successfully deployed.
- Inject initial data to the deployed application.
Adding a new system class for Mistral Client that allows to call Mistral APIs from the Murano application model.
The system class will allow you to:
- Upload a Mistral workflow to Mistral.
- Trigger the already-deployed Mistral workflow, wait for completion and return the execution output.
Data model impact¶
REST API impact¶
Other end user impact¶
Murano-dashboard / Horizon impact¶
Primary assignee: Natasha Beck
- Add mistral client system class that can trigger pre-deployed Mistral workflow.
- Add ability to the client to upload the Mistral workflow.
- Add test that deploys application which uploads the Mistral workflow from Resources, triggers it and gets output as a result.
Openstack Mistral component.
Functional test will be added to Murano. The test deploys application which uploads the Mistral workflow from Resources, triggers it and gets output as a result.
Murano-Mistral integration must be documented from the following perspectives:
- Setup configuration (for example with and without mistral)
- Include usage of Mistral workflow as a part of an application model
The following Murano documentation will be affected:
- Murano Installation Guide
Add section on Mistral requirement
- Murano Workflow
Add section on Murano-Mistral integration
- Murano Article (new)
Article on Murano-Mistral integration